Wednesday 25 May 2011

Does swearing makes you cool? '$*@#%&~#

      Today I was shocked at work. This young girl of 14 or 15 years, who is a regular attender was swearing at her mother. I have always known her as a sweet girl who is a bit scared. She would never miss out to say 'thank you very much' and 'have a nice day' whenever I met her. Anxiety was all over her today. She was arguing with her mother in her own language. I don't really know what they were talking about but I'm sure they were having a heated argument. Then she walked away from her and said,'St***d B***h'. I heard her loud and clear even though she was whispering. Oh my god, I swear to god I was so shocked and surprised to hear that. A sweet angel like her can utter such words to no other than her own mother. What happen to these youngsters? I know during teenage days, girls and guys normally wants to be rebellious. They would normally chose a way to make themselves look and sound cool. Is it the school environment or the friends circle that is teaching her all these things? I know there is a unseen force which provokes them to do so. Well for most of the people here (London), one day they can fight and be at each others neck but the next day they will be hugging each other. Its really strange. On the other hand, if we Nepalese fight with each other than reconciliation is not possible, not at least for sometimes. 
             Does swearing at your parents make you look cool? Or does it calm your anger? Its different people's different view but I have never swore at my parents. Most Nepalese girls don't swear of at least pretend not to swear. No one ever knows may be what going on in a 'teenager's mind'. Anyways, she was apologetic later on but I saw no sign of remorse in her face. Probably that means she might continue swearing at her mom later in her life as well. I saw her evil side today. I can't just judge her whole character from just today's incident but I truly was disappointed. I hope she'll learn to respect her parents better. I was just wondering what if I give birth to a son/daughter and when they grow up in this environment and start swearing at me what will I do. I would probably give a big slap to him/her and go to prison. (Parents aren't allowed to beat their children-if you do it'll be a harassment, physical abuse). To have a children like that who'll abuse my love and affection , no I can't accept that. I would rather give them to social services.. that way they can swear at me as much as they can.
              I don't say that I never swear, I do at times. It's just the slip of tongue but even though I will not and never swear at my parents for sure. 

2 comments:

  1. woop, did u just write that u saw her evil side today? i don't think swearing at anybody (god/parents/teachers) makes you evil. FYI am not advocating that its a right thing either but just not evil. also you mentioned "if we Nepalese fight with each other than reconciliation is not possible"... i have to politely disagree. pple are same everywhere and its just wrong to generalize but i got what you meant to write tho. i swear sometimes just like everybody else LOL!! spare her, she was going through dark phase (am sure you and i have too) and not all of us know how to react righteously all the time (including me);) caio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your honest comments. I did write i cant judge her by just this incidence. Anyways, i really appreciate your honest comments. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

आशा

Dear Readers, It has been really a long time since I wrote something on this blog but still thank you for staying. A lot of things happened ...