Thursday 1 December 2011

Topic of the day in London

Hello all my readers out there,

How was  your day?
 Well my day went normal and everything was fine. But in the UK today many things were happening because public sector workers went to STRIKE. The union leaders and the government couldn't make a decisions and disruptions were all over the country. Schools were closed, hospitals, emergency services, airports and many places had many difficulties. Since I work for a private owner there is no way I'm going for a strike with my boss. I am quite happy and comfortable working the way I am at the moment. Sometimes money is not everything in life and job satisfaction is the first priority. I sometimes say this to console my heart as well but most of the time this is the fact that I love my job and respect my employer even if he could not afford to pay me more. I am lucky enough to have job in this time of recession, job cuts and people going into claiming government benefits.

I don't know the real reason and cause behind this strike and honestly speaking I don't really want to know as well. I'm sure they must have had reasonable causes to cause this much disruptions but in my point of view STRIKES make general people like me a big-time sufferer. This was the biggest strike ever in the UK so far in 30 years. I can understand government is also pushing it to the edge and trying hard to change the system. Things just don't get accepted so easily in this coalition government.

I think this phase of life is to struggle and make my way towards achieving my goal. I have certain aim, goal or lets say dreams to fulfill and I am working towards it. I come from a small South Asian country where to find a job with pension scheme is almost impossible. Only government jobs like government school, government offices and government works (army, police, hospitals,etc) or any jobs related to government can get pension as far as I know of. The pay is comparatively less and pension is also not that much high. To get a position in government work is again like reaching out for stars. You can't really get into those kind of jobs. We have learnt to live like that and we know how to survive even without pension in an old age. But here in this sophisticated country, the most advanced and developed country in the world people are still doing strikes over pay and pensions when recession is at its highest peak and there is also biggest chance of losing your job. Sometimes I wonder aren't they just lucky to have their job in this period where people's jobs have been snatched from them, early redundancy is widespread. More than 100 RAF pilots have been informed of their redundancy through emails. I meet a lot of people saying they have been made redundant and with no choice they had to claim government benefit. They don't have to go on a strike if there is no job. If there was no facilities people wouldn't have choices and there wouldn't be any unnecessary demands arising from there. Let's say in Nepal we only have few benefit scheme like old-age benefit, pregnancy benefit and free education for children upto certain year and that is at the moment more than enough. Why? Simply because our government can only afford to or lets say system is only providing limited facilities.

In Nepal they do lot of strikes and close down the whole country, town and cities if some union or some political party or anybody when they want to protest against government. Who suffers the most : general public. Still after doing all those strikes and disruptions nothing really comes out from it. I hope those who did the strike get what they wanted.

When we wake up tomorrow things would be pretty much normal and running as usual. People rushing to go to work, roads full of cars again and traffic jam everywhere. Now I hope Londoners and the people of UK have a good sleep and no strike on action. May they have a better pay and pension in their dream as well. Sleep tight.

Thank you for reading and hope this post find you in most relaxing mood. Enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

आशा

Dear Readers, It has been really a long time since I wrote something on this blog but still thank you for staying. A lot of things happened ...