Sunday 4 December 2011

Dear mom (I love you and miss you),

Dear mom (आमा),

I am fine here (though I've been suffering from cold and flu for the past few days) and everything is alright  (weather seems crap : rain, wind and cold and my car gives me headache). I know I haven't contacted you for a month now (didn't bother to buy a international calling card) but I will call you soon (don't know when). It was nice having you here with me after so many years and I feel empty after you left (though living with parents seems a bit different after being so carefree for many years, sorry).

I know now you are at the place where your heart will be at ease i.e. your home (my home as well) but now I feel like I belong here and you belong there (bitter truth although I love my hometown and country a lot). Hope you started doing all those unfinished and never ending household chores of yours (ahh too many things to sort out) and hope now you are with the love of your life your granddaughter (she's a little princess, everybody adore her to bits). By this time probably dad has already forgotten about his trip to UK cause he is so busy in other social and political activities (gosh he's got whole lot of things in line). Next time when you come here (that could be after 2 years may be), I want you to bring me some nice sarees, kurta and if possible sovereign of Nepal (it's cheaper to order from Nepal then buying here or let's say they'll pay for it not you : oops so mean). I really want you to lookafter your health (cause she skips regular visit to doctor sometimes). And I really enjoyed the bottle of pickle, it was really nice (made of radish : oh my favourite one ever made by her ). [We don't really express feelings openly like 'thank you', 'sorry', 'I love you'. So, I suppose she understood I loved her pickle and the warmth, the love, the caress  she put in it. ] I have sent my prescription of eye test can you please order two nice pairs of glasses and send it to me. (since ordering glasses here seems too expensive).

I might be coming next year (this might be the 3rd or 4th next year I have said that so far), but I'm not too sure yet (i.e. probably financial or work or educational problem). Don't worry about me (always putting bold face infront of her with confidence), I will be alright here (assurance), remember I am your bold daughter (she believes in me). It's getting cold here (she knows) but I am wearing warm clothes (we bought big coats together for winter) and eating well (I fell sick with cold and flu when she was here).

Last but not the least (don't want to stop writing), hope you be healthy and be happy ( she thinks too much and takes too much headache as all mothers do). I will call you soon ( not too good in doing this one).

Yours loving (second) daughter (छोरी).
Miss S

Things not included but had in mind while writing the letter :
I wanted to thank you for all the amazing food you made for me during your visit here. All those blessings and time spent during biggest Nepalese festive season. Hope my driving didn't scare you that much. My biggest dream was to drive you around in my car and it came true. You are my living goddess and I praise you, pray for you and persue to be like you. I love you to bits. I miss you, your hug, you complains, your chit-chats, your smell, your childish behaviour, your lessons and everything. Love you loads. Thank god I have a mother and I feel blessed.
watching you go was the hardest thing.





6 comments:

  1. this is *hand's down* the most beautiful thing u've ever written. we've been following each-other since the inception of our blogs and its fit to mention that am very proud of you! gosh... this was beautiful. "watching you go was the hardest thing."... :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. its the most beautiful thing u've written so far. we've been following each other since the inception of our respective blog and its fit to say am ur proud blog-bud!!! luv'd it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud to say that you are there to read my blog, my blog buddy. Thanks is too small word to say to you for all the encouragement and support you gave me. Tkae care :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. .... And mostly, I liked the ones written in BLUE :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you friendly manchey. :) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this post, LIm :))
    cheerx ^_^

    ReplyDelete

आशा

Dear Readers, It has been really a long time since I wrote something on this blog but still thank you for staying. A lot of things happened ...