Saturday 24 December 2011

Jingle Bell Jingle Bell.... Jingle all the way!

Merry Christmas to all of you.

Finally here we are, coming to the end of the year. Today is 23.12.2011 Christmas Eve's Eve day haha. After spending many years in Britain I have started loving Christmas. Though there are many reasons religiously and culturally to celebrate Christmas, for me it's a good time to spend with friends and family. This is the only day of the year when everything shuts down. No public transport, no shops opened (only few of them). I have been living with my friends for few years and I used to enjoy Christmas dinner with their family, a big feast. I am not a Christian but I love when I get gifts from friends and family and from workplace. It is way of expressing your love, gratitude and saying that you actually care.

I remember when I was 8 or 9 years old back in Hong Kong, we used to get Christmas gifts from Santa. Since we were Gurkha Children, British Government had arranged a Santa to visit our school and give us gifts according to our age group. I used to get nice gifts but still I liked the ones my elder sister used to get. They used to give one big sheet of paper and we had to make the best Christmas hat. Whoever makes the most beautiful used to get extra gifts and there was always one brother who used to get it. Anyways, gone are those days. I used to get Christmas gifts long before I knew what Santa was and why I got gifts. Christmas are more fun in childhood when you really think Santa exist and he will bring gifts for you after you go to sleep. Now I don't actually believe Santa exist but I like to imagine what if Santa exists and fulfills your request.

Hmmm, there are 2 Christmas carols that always rings the bell when it comes to Christmas and New Year.

I've been hearing these songs since the day I could understand what New Year and Christmas is. I think these are the songs that will never be replaced ever. 

There are many other songs of Christmas which are played for 2 weeks every year in radio in the UK. Listening to the same songs again and again for so many years made me realise that not only the tunes but I can actually sing them as well. Anyways here I am going to put some videos from youtube. Enjoy them.

This has always been my most favourite Christmas song. It'll always be my number 1 favourite. Many versions of this song came but WHAM was the best.


And the rest as well.








Thanks for visiting. Hope you have a wonderful time.




2 comments:

  1. merry christmas di :) nepal aaau ani sangai celebrate garne . u b santa. and bring me gifts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha this santa is on recession and also lotta people dont have chimneys for me to climb down.

    ReplyDelete

आशा

Dear Readers, It has been really a long time since I wrote something on this blog but still thank you for staying. A lot of things happened ...