Wednesday 28 December 2011

Meeting Nabin K Bhattarai

A friendly and lively singer


It was a very unexpected and unplanned incident : meeting Nabin K Bhattarai, the celebrity of Nepal. I've been hearing his songs since schooldays and he still is around music industry and still standing firm.  It was Boxing Day of 2011 and people were busy shopping around. I didn't had any plan so stayed at home and did some household chores. I decided to go to one of the brother's house, the usual place I go most of the time. But this time he said someone is coming, I didn't take his words seriously. When he said Nabin Bhattarai is coming I thought he was joking. I thought I would feel awkward I shouldn't go, there won't be anything that we should talk about and many things in mind. But since I was already all dressed up and mind was ready to leave I thought I would just go. Even if I don't get any conversation with him I just wanted to see him. I wouldn't feel awkward because that's my brother's place and he was a guest. 


Well I went there and didn't even get my acts together to go and say 'Hello' to him, I hide myself in the kitchen where all the ladies were busy cooking. There was already a kind of informal interview session going on. Hmm then everybody (men) came out for a fag. I thought I saw someone whose face is not familiar to me in that house; well it was him; Nabin K Bhattarai. He smiled back to me. Then I felt a but less awkward and I actually had courage to go and sit where they were talking. Luckily the place in the sofa was vacant and I sat next to him. Hahaha 


He was quite down to earth and very friendly and funny as well. We all didn't feel bored at all. I did manage to tell him that I'm his twitter follower and he also follows me hehehe. He wanted to play guitar and none of had a guitar. Finally I managed to find one from one of the brother but with one last string missing. Still he played some songs for us and they were very nice. The whole house was so much lively.  He said me met one of the Indian singer and he praised about him, gosh that singer is one of my favourite too. He was singing songs which were recorded ages ago more than a decade but still felt so nice. His voice is more amazing when you hear in person. I did ask him if I could take a video of his singing but since he said to us not to put it in youtube, so I simply couldn't put it here. After the dinner we all said goodbye to each other. Hoping to meet him on the 7th of January in his concert. He could be a different person if I meet him in concert though. By the way, we managed to get his SIGNED AUTOGRAPH with our name on it yaaayyyy. He writes with his left hand, cool. I think this is one of the surprise Christmas gift I ever received and I'm happy! :) 


Thank you for reading.


https://twitter.com/#!/nabinkbhattarai
https://www.facebook.com/nabinkbhattarai?sk=wall


                                        

                                         

                                           







http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nabin_Bhattarai

No comments:

Post a Comment

आशा

Dear Readers, It has been really a long time since I wrote something on this blog but still thank you for staying. A lot of things happened ...