Tuesday 6 December 2011

New vibe around : Bend It Like Sagar Thapa

It's already been widespread news covered by many youtubers, bloggers, newspapers, websites and many more sources but I am still talking about it today here in my blog. Think of it as my way of paying respect to the footballers of my country Nepal. I have always been a keen supporter of football and have always supported my country no matter they win or lose.

I am proud to write about this topic today. I remember that time when Nepal won South Asian Football match and we were rejoicing it in Kathmandu valley. My passion for football came from family. My father, brother, relatives and everybody loved watching football. Before I knew rules of any other games I knew about football rules and discipline. I even used to play football with boys when I was around 12 or 13 years old. It is funny remembering those days. I was a typical tom-boy type girl. When my school went for inter-school football competition I used to be amongst the loud cheer leaders.

Going back to the topic, I wasn't watching this goal live but I was getting updates through twitter, facebook and some websites. I got the message Sagar Thapa scored brilliantly. Then I got a link to watch it, oh my god it was a perfect goal. Who says Nepalese can't play well? This delivery of goal was world class and ofcourse he's been compared with many world class professional footballers since then. History has been made. Once again I am proud to say I am a Nepali and I love football (despite being a girl). I have always supported our National Football Team and will continue supporting it. Who knows may be one day Nepal might be in the World Cup list! Dreams are fulfilled if you have courage to dream and persuasiveness to continue working on it.

So, here is the new vibe around : Bend It Like Sagar Thapa. He and his team made us proud. Well done lads, well done Gurkhali heros and well done to the coach.

Watch the victorious win in this selected youtube video. Thank you.
(Note : It's nice to hear new National Anthem in a Football Pitch.)



1 comment:

  1. Btw, this very goal was selected among the best goals for the best player of the week title given weekly by goal.com (http://www.goal.com/en/news/2318/world-player-of-the-week/2011/12/05/2788782/world-player-of-the-week-alvaro-recoba-nacional) and this goal is also compared with that of ronaldinho (Brazil vs. England World Cup Japan+Korea) and is considered better than that in the sense that Sagar Thapa had a last minute pressure while scoring this goal.

    ReplyDelete

आशा

Dear Readers, It has been really a long time since I wrote something on this blog but still thank you for staying. A lot of things happened ...