Sunday 12 February 2012

12.2.12, R.I.P. Whitney Houston




Hello there,

Today is Sunday 12-2-12, I woke up as usual. Nowadays I use the apple app Instagram a lot. So, I opened it as usual. I saw Rip Whitney Houston photo and I was completely shocked. Never thought she would end up like this. I quickly looked at twitter, facebook, skynews and every possible news, I really couldn't believe she was actually dead. A lot of kids in twitter didn't know about her. I was really shattered and shocked to hear the news. She's not my relative or I don't have any special bond with her but her songs have special effect on me. I would always be remembering her songs in my life.


The first time I truly noticed Whitney Houston (9th Aug 1963 - 11th Feb 2012) was in her song 'I will always love you' from the movie 'The Bodyguard' later I knew that song was the cover of original song by some other singer Dolly
Parton. But this song touched my heart. I was a schoolgirl at that time and I still remember listening and watching the video of that song. I only watched the movie later in my life. Besides I always loved Kevin Costner's movies. I had original CD of the collection of the movie soundtrack of the songs of 'The Bodyguard' and listened kind of everyday. Till today I can sing the songs with lyrics cause I used to memorise them by heart. I heard many many many other cover of the song 'I will always love you'  but hers was the best of the best ever. I really used to get emotional with tears when I hear that song.

Few times I did hear about her this-and-that problems and all but never thought it would go beyond this point that one day I had to hear that she no longer is in this world. I saw her X-Factor performance in London. Her song with Mariah Carey duo was also one of my favourite, 'When you Believe'.

May her soul now rest in peace wherever she is. You will always be loved and remembered (atleast I will).
I just couldn't believe myself how sad I was to hear such terrible news. I might be one of the millions and billions of fans but I was your true fan after all. It was a great loss for music industry, you are simply irreplaceable and unforgettable. 


I really adored Whitney Houston's song so couldn't stop my burst out. Sorry if I caused any inconvenience. It's not that I only remembered her after she died, I remembered her songs all the time. Everytime I had to figure out any nice songs 'I will always love you' was my priority and I have watched the movie 'The Bodyguard' so many time that I forgot count. Only few months ago I was trying to record a cover song of  her song and obviously I couldn't do it as good as her.

Dear Whitney Houston, now you have left this world whichever world you are in, may you find happiness, peace and love and your soul rest in peace. Your contribution to this world in not forgettable.RIP WHITNEY  HOUSTON












No comments:

Post a Comment

आशा

Dear Readers, It has been really a long time since I wrote something on this blog but still thank you for staying. A lot of things happened ...