Sunday 1 April 2012

Unexpected & unusual meeting


Unexpected & unusual meeting


I went to airport to accompany one of the brother who was sending some parcel to Nepal. Heathrow airport was quite busy during that hour.


We met another Nepali who was of probably late 50s or early 60s. At first I didn't really try to speak or make eye contact with him. But we sat down to have some coffee. Then we were introduced to him. Me and my sister came to know that he was actually a retired professor of Nepal's top University , Tribhuvan University and a geologist. He is now working for some company which I forgot the name. The first thing he said was 'I'm studying and my study never ends. I'm doing some  research.' That is exactly was I always say to my friends, I'll never stop studying. He is a geologist who is researching on the glaciers of SAARC countries (South Asian  Association for Regional Cooperation). Then we started the conversation. Talking all about Nepal specially, asking things. He was chatty person but very jolly. He had the knowledge, the power, the can do attitude. But Nepal has political issues to sort out first. I have never met any intelligence or lets say scientist of Nepal. So, it was new and exciting for me. I could learn so many things from him. It was a short meeting but memorable cause I was very much glad to meet one of the researcher of Nepal. I wasn't even born when he was in college haha.


I felt so proud of meeting someone who talks about facts and figures of Nepal and who had the scientific reason to prove whatever he was saying. Nepal is not lack of scientists or skilled personalities. It just feels like 'baandar ko haat ma nariwal', means a coconut in monkey's hand which precisely means something good and valuable in wrong hands. Hopefully this political turbulence of Nepal settles soon and we can focus on other things like education, development and building a better Nepal.


It's easy to write and say things but difficult to do, but better to say something encouraging then nothing at all.

2 comments:

  1. Yes! there are people in Nepal who are very qualified and can bring changes if given chances. But the politics in every field just sucks.....
    Suryadeep Basnyat
    http://smileforever123.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment.
      hope and dream for better Nepal.

      Delete

आशा

Dear Readers, It has been really a long time since I wrote something on this blog but still thank you for staying. A lot of things happened ...