Wednesday 6 June 2012

Go higher !!






Hear I am again blabbering about how amazing my bank holiday weekend went. I went to my dream destination in UK, i.e. Lake District. I have only dreamt of that place but never actually get to go there till now. While I was climbing Mount Snowdon, Wales last year I never thought in my dream that I could make it to Scafell Pike, England so soon. Now I might as well complete the 'Three Peak Challenge' by climbing Mount Ben Navis, Scotland. But that will have to wait.


It's shame to say really this is the first time ever I went for camping and it was fun. Life was too busy for me to think about Holidays as such. We spent 2 nights in a valley of Lake District in a riverside away from modern technologies. We also roam around Lake Windermere and other lakes of Lake District. Lake District is natural, lovely place and well preserved. In Nepal we have place similar to this .... Pokhara ('Pokhari' means pond), where there are also many lakes and rivers. I've been there only once and hope to be there again someday.


Go higher !!! Was the theme in my mind. It was not easy for me as well to climb, I have gained weight in past few months and felt like my body was pulled by my head,,ha ha seriously. At one stage I even thought how am I gonna do it, but determination is what we need and bit of Lucozade helped as well. We took a difficult way up,, it was steep and there were loose soils. After we got to the summit we saw many other climbers as well celebrating their victory. It suddenly got really foggy and windy. But I was glad I made it there. I quickly took a photo of me with a t-shirt written 'Kathmandu, Nepal', to be honest that was my dream to do it. Yet again I have fulfilled my another dream. I would climb it again if I had to do it for charity or any other good cause. All I had in mind while climbing was Mount Everest (Sagarmatha), Nepal is 8,848 meters high, which is like 8 times or more higher than what I was climbing. I really gave salute to those who have been to to top of the world.


My dream destinations are uncountable. Hopefully I should be able to visit more places before anything in my life would change.


I' m a dreamer, I'm a believer !!







No comments:

Post a Comment

आशा

Dear Readers, It has been really a long time since I wrote something on this blog but still thank you for staying. A lot of things happened ...