Monday 2 July 2012

Spain wins Euro2012

nice logo



the winners



Well, here is the result : Spain wins the UEFA European Championship 2012 without any doubts and any reservations. They deserved it. Though I have always been a Italian Football supporter tonight I have to admit Spain were fabulous. It was bit of a bad luck for Italy as well when things went wrong continously.

At first I thought,' Oh they scored, never mind we still got time.' But I knew something was really not working. The skills Balotelli showed during semi-finals were kept ashore by Spanish footballers. I don't know today I felt like the Italians played like England. But although Spanish were so dominating Italy did manage to keep ball possession upto 50-50 until later it was 56-43. The funny thing is I DID NOT HAVE MY ITALY JERSEY with me today. (just a superstitious thing). Going down to '10 men game' was a real disaster and things kept getting worse.

There goes another one,,,,, and another one,,,,, and another one. Oh my god 4 goals and Italy couldn't score even 1. If they had time may be Spain would have scored few more. **seriously** They have that consistency in their football which makes every match equally exciting, interesting and worthwhile watching.''Iker Casillas should put a tent at his goal post and then zip up', 'that's what one of the brother was saying. He is indeed the major factor that Spain on the winning podium. 

I was kind of happy for Fernando Torres. When he was in Liverpool, I was his fan then he left to Chelsea and really gave me headache. But I always felt he deserves to be treated better than just sit on the bench and win World Cup. One of the reason may be because all squads of Spain are equally good. He looked overly happy when he scored and also helped his teammate score. Funny thing is there were children over the pitch after the match, all dressed up in red/yellow jersey, looking very very cute and cuddly.

Tonight was Spain's night. La Roja/Espanol/Spain/The Reds of whichever name it is, they have created a history. They will still keep on making history in coming years.


As for my team Italy, better luck next time. Losing is not always bad, you've got to learn from your mistakes. Hope Balotelli will be more mature in next big match. Hope he can keep that consistency in his football skills otherwise he will just vanish in this fast world of football. As a matter of fact, to be honest I was already happy that Italy won Germany with such a skills. I myself didn't had that much confidence in finals against Spain. May be Italy, the team I support, was going through same pyschological turmoil. Buffon being a legendary goalkeeper was helpless today. I have no dissatisfaction against Italy. They did well against such a contender. Well done lads, well done Azzuris.

Reference:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17875873
http://www1.skysports.com/football/competitions/euro2012/photos

2 comments:

  1. Yes baini good job and Italy did it again, going to finals and losing. :/

    ReplyDelete

आशा

Dear Readers, It has been really a long time since I wrote something on this blog but still thank you for staying. A lot of things happened ...