Friday 24 August 2012

Thinking about Nepali Dress

(Follow me in instagram - limshaku for more of my photography updates.)
Hello dear blog readers,

Again and again and many times I would like to thank everyone for reading my blog. I have dedicated my sleeps to this blog. It all started since the Day 1 when I could not sleep and thought about starting to write in a blog. I never knew I would come this far.

Anyways going back to topic, I did something today. I am suppose to go for so called Nepali Dance party where the theme is 'Nepali Dress' or something which looks like Nepali. I normally do not go to dance party nowadays  but since this looked different and my dear friend lexlimbu called me I just could not say 'NO'. For many days I wondered what would I wear. This is common whenever I have to go for party. I guess it's common for all people. One questions kept mocking my mind, 'What could be Nepali looking dress?'. I got many suggestions from  friends and family. Not to mention my sister didn't like any idea that I mentioned to her. Then I finally decided 'NO MATTER HOW VILLAGER ( पाखे ) I LOOK OR HIDEOUS MY DRESS WOULD BE OR EVEN FUNNY AMONG TEENAGERS', I am going to wear what I design and what looks like Nepali but modified. If am called Pakhey for wearing Nepali dress then I might as well be one. I don't care. My sister still doesn't like the dress I made. That's haha ''so her''.


I have learnt to do stitches long time back in school as a vocational subject. I still haven't forgotten it. With a help of another sweet sis, I have created a little skirt and a top. I could not post it at the moment but when the time comes I will definitely put the photo. I am scared to use sewing machine so I just did it by hands, Trust me I had few oouch moment when the needle poked my thump. I love the end result but I cannot judge my own creation. Hopefully you will judge and comment on it later when I post it on my blog.

I am neither a designer nor a professional tailor but still if I try I can make a dress. That is how I felt today. I look forward to see how the guys and girls show their patriotism by wearing something which shows Nepalism (just the word popped up in my mind). :P :D

Aren't you curious how it looks like? haha nothing to superb.

Keeping visiting!!

limshaku




4 comments:

  1. Hmm, I could never even attempt such a daring thing...designing and sewing a Nepali dress !..but hey, best of luck. I'm sure it looks fab, even if it doesn't you will feel nice about your own creation, I'm positive. :) Keep rocking and I'm proud of your Nepalism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ron, I am nervous about how it looks but after all I made it so kinda feeling good about it. But can't be sure people like it or not. Take care and thanks for comment. :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am just wanting to have a look on the dress didi, i bet it is beautiful :))

    ReplyDelete

आशा

Dear Readers, It has been really a long time since I wrote something on this blog but still thank you for staying. A lot of things happened ...