Sunday 30 September 2012

Making yourself happy!

We use word 'happy', 'hapiness', 'being happy', 'making others happy' and so on but what is happiness exactly. This is what Google answers :

hap·py/ˈhapē/

Adjective:
  1. Feeling or showing pleasure or contentment.
  2. Having a sense of confidence in or satisfaction with (a person, arrangement, or situation).
Synonyms:glad - fortunate - joyful - lucky - merry - cheerful
''I do not have any big reservations but seeing my
 family smiling is what makes me most happy .''
And this is what oxford dictionary says:

 Definition of happy

adjective (happierhappiest)

  • 1feeling or showing pleasure or contentment:Melissa came in looking happy and excited[with clause]:we’re just happy that he’s still alive[with infinitive]:they are happy to see me doing well
  • (happy about) having a sense of trust and confidence in (a person, arrangement, or situation):he was not happy about the proposals
  • (happy with) satisfied with the quality or standard of:I’m happy with his performance
  • [with infinitive] willing to do something:we will be happy to advise you
  • [attributive] used in greetings:happy Christmas
  • 2 [attributive] fortunate and convenient:he had the happy knack of making people like him
3 [in combination] informal inclined to use a specified thing excessively or at random:they tended to be grenade-happy
Well whatever it is, it simply means being that one is content, satisfied or have no complains. I have been trying to be happy ever since I was born I guess. Everyone in this world needs happiness to be able to survive. It is a feeling which is neither seen nor disappear, neither bought nor sold, neither weighed nor compared.  
Lately, I was wondering what are the things that can make people happy, not materialistic happiness. Anyone could be happy if they get iphone 5 or Apple Mac or Samsung Galaxy or ipad3 or win lottery right now. I am talking about non-materialistic happiness which can make you happy and won't even cost a penny. Is there anything like that? Is there any solution or any idea or any form of happiness which can make you happy? I was trying to reassure my sister of being happy but to come up with 'how to be happy' ideas are arguably difficult. The things that can make me happy might not make others happy. For example, I love to travel, I love sight-seeing and most of all I love meeting new people but same thing does not apply to everybody. May be people hate jet lags, hate travel sickness or hate interacting with new people. Long time ago I watched a program in telly which was saying 'growing a plant can make you happy'. Well, to some extent that is true, I do enjoy growing a plant in my house. It is amazing how a tiny seed can grow into a big plant and also produce fruits, flowers and seeds again. It feels like giving birth but no pain involve hehe. 
Happiness is like mirage that we go after but does it exist in the horizon? We should try to find happiness within us. The inner happiness we achieve is far valuable and precious. Honestly speaking simple things can make you happy. For me, simple things like solving a maths solution, cleaning a garden, cleaning my room, talking to my parents and friends, listening to others, blogging, tweeting, instagraming, dancing, singing, evening walk, cooking, doing somebody's hair, decorating, youtubing, facebooking, watching movies, etc does make me happy. Happiness for me is always temporary, it is there but not for infinity. I still wish that temporary happiness could supply me with permanent will power, strength and willingness to survive. Sometimes people spend whole life to find that seconds of happiness. Most of the time people don't even know how happy they are and they still looking for it. 
Anyways, here are things that might help you to find happiness or atleast know those things that makes you happy.

  • think of something which makes you laugh or smile everyday
  • make a list of things you like to do
  • make a list of places you like to visit
  • make a list of crazy things that you like to do (no violence)
  • make a list of friends you like to talk with
  • make a list of things that you think could make you happy
  • make a list of hobbies, skills, interests, knowledge, experiences, abilities, personal qualities you have.
  • involve yourself in some charity work
  • join some extra course (academic or non-academic)
  • do some creative work like poetry, writing, reading, singing, dancing, composing, playing instruments. Keep yourself busy.
  • If you have any hobbies do not let go of it. Remember that hobbies always exist in your life but it could be completely different from your career and current job. 
There are many things and list goes on and on. Playing your favourite game or meditation or sleeping soundly or anything have the possibility of keeping you happy. Analyse all these lists and come up with a simple conclusion which makes you happy. 

You being happy inside out is what is going to make changes in families, friendships, relationships, societies, etc. I believe that one happy person can make other people happy as well. Happiness is for sharing. Who knows there might be some people around you silently watching you; who are just content to see that you are happy. Life is very short not to be happy and not try to be happy. We must always seek for happiness within ourselves and the ability that we have to make others happy. 
Here is my acronym for H.A.P.P.Y. :
H- Happiness
A- Always
P- Perceives
P- Person's
Y- Yearnings

Lets all be happy and spread happiness. 
limshaku

4 comments:

  1. Di reading u blog makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this
    matter to be actually something which I think I
    would never understand. It seems too complex and extremely broad for me
    . I'm looking forward for your next post, I'll try to get the hang of it!
    Also visit my site : doctor prognosis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey thank you for the comment. You are right, these things are pretty complicated eg find happiness and all but all i can say is being positive and thinking positive always helps. thanks for visiting my blog.

      Delete

आशा

Dear Readers, It has been really a long time since I wrote something on this blog but still thank you for staying. A lot of things happened ...