Monday 24 September 2012

Mouth Cancer 10 K Walk

I am very glad to say that I was able to participate in 10 K Mouth Cancer Walk organised by Mouth Cancer Foundation. Me along with my friends Sweetie, Yam K, Kanchan, Rupa, Jyoti and Pabel sis and many many people will be walking foot by foot to fight for something which is affecting all of us direct or indirect way. I heard from the speaker that 50% of oral cancer are diagnosed late and among those diagnosed 50% die. It is a sad to hear that.

It was a proud feeling of wearing the Mouth Cancer sponsored t-shirt and then walk along Hyde Park. All people were cheering us and then staring as well. Most annoying thing is you feel like you have walked a long way but the sign only says 2KM. Arrgghhh. Then after we crossed 7 KM I felt really fresh all of  a sudden. I was rejuvenated by the surrounding music I guess. Hyde Park looked even beautiful yesterday cause of lovely weather.

Doing something for charity is a good feeling. I did raceforlife 5K run few months ago at the same place. This time the number of people attending were around 800 but still it was nice to see so many people who came. All of us had the same reason and same motive to be there, 'Fight Against Mouth Cancer'.





No comments:

Post a Comment

आशा

Dear Readers, It has been really a long time since I wrote something on this blog but still thank you for staying. A lot of things happened ...