Sunday 12 June 2011

Hunted by memories

It's nearly 4am in the morning. I can hear birds making sounds as if like they're singing. No wonder I like nature so much; it just makes me fresh and alive. At this very moment I miss Nepal a lot. Whenever I have this feeling, I'm back to Nepa, in Kathmandu, getting ready to go to morning classes, or may be getting ready to go to picnic arraged by us, or may be just waking up and doing nothing. I miss the smell of morning, the quite melodies and the ringing of bell continously sometimes. People are quite religious in Nepal. They take shower early morning and worship. Too much for early morning. The feeling of being at home, that relief, that pleasure; I have never experienced after coming here cause I live in a rented house. No matter what you do and how well you lookafter the rented house after all its like you're foster parenting an adopted child who'll one day definately be taken away by their blood relatives. These birds are making more and more sound now.

I remember those days, when we make plan to go to picnic somewhere far from Kathmandu's crowd and noise. I could not sleep at night cause I'm so excited. I wake up early and get ready. When we finally meet up at the designated place we wait for our friends. We make fun of each other, crack out jokes, sing lovely songs. Some passersby give us a look like what the hell are we doing. Even if its chilly but not cold, when you are with friends it feels like life is so much fun. I would normally carry a guitar to play in picnic for my friends though I don't know how to play. I would beg my brother to lend it for one day. Hehe cheeky me. Those days were so much fun and I miss it a lot. 

When we arrive at the picnic spot (usually river bank), we all work together and feed ourselves. It's amazing how boys used to work. Some boys even knew cooking better than girls; quite impressive! After breakfast everybody goes out for strolling, taking pictures and boys normally swimming (not to mention the topless photos they hide from us :P). Lunch is prepared with all teamwork, again I say how amazing group work is. I would only help them in preparation cause didn't have confident in cooking back then. After lunch, we dance (make funny moves, dance in circle, giving an indirect look to the person you fancy hehe), play antakshari (continuing any new song with the alphabet which ends previous song), play in the water( but I was very scared to high current water though I love swimming to bits). Memories- memories- memories ahhhh. On our way back to capital city of Kathmandu, on those long and winding dangerous roads, some chilly feelings always hunted me though. I would think for a fraction of seconds why have we come so far just to have fun. If we die here, we are far from our family and may be never see them again. Haaa but to be with friends and having fun is what we can't do with family.

Obviously I couldn't go back now, what's left is only photographs and memories. Dear friends wherever and however or whichever condition you are in at the moment I just like to thank you for making my past life so memorable. Love to all. Cheers :)

Thank you for reading!!! <3

3 comments:

  1. i do that too. if i've big plans for the next day i just can't get asleep. ahhh, ktm memories are the best. i used to commute to high school in the morning as well... i miss those days all so fondly:) nice post... made me lil' nostalgic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading @strophy , I miss those days.

    @Finlip hope you didn't get bored.
    Cheers people Shaku

    ReplyDelete

आशा

Dear Readers, It has been really a long time since I wrote something on this blog but still thank you for staying. A lot of things happened ...