Monday 14 November 2011

Love > Heartbreak > Music

Yesterday I went to watch a Bollywood movie 'Rockstar' with my people. I only watch selected Bollywood movie. It was a nice movie. One point it was saying to the lead actor, 'you need to feel pain to create great music'. The lead actor does not feel anything till the girl leaves him. I'm not really trying to do publicity of the movie but just trying to write few points I liked most.

• How the girl is carefree when she meets him. They make a list of crazy things they want to do. And they dare to do it as well. Those crappy pubs and clubs where they dance.
• The scene of Kashmir. I just love that place and dream to go there if life and luck assist me.
• When the girl says she will meet him in Prague and the guy says ,'I haven't even been to Nepal'. Hahaha crazy lines.
• When he says to the bride (actress) "Every guy in the wedding secretly fantasies about the bride at night". Hahahhhahaha
• How he pauses for a minute when he hears the sound of 'Shehnai' played by an old man. This sound is normally played in weddings.
• How practical life is; she's got married life but he still seeks her presence. People who are in music; I have always found them living in different world of their own.
• How he rises to fame. You can learn music everywhere, in shrine, in roads, etc.
• The best and funniest part I ever liked is : when this Rockstar Jordan vomits in the red carpet event. (It's just a glimpse) He is very very carefree and does not give a damn to anybody.
• The back vocal was given by Mohit Chouhan and its just lovely. He also sang one of my other favourite song 'Naa hai yeh paana' from movie 'Jab We Met'.
• How the movie has still kept the reality fact alive and no commercial fonda, like the girl was about to get married and she does get married. How she was going to die and she does end up in coma. No here and there spiced up thing. The reality and curse of being famous. Even his friends love his fame and status rather than his loneliness and restlessness.
• When he tries to figure out why he couldn't be sad like when he says 'I was fed well in childhood, I wasn't adopted, my parents are still alive, I have a good family, blah blah'. There is nothing that could give him pain.

He, the rockstar, does create great music because of the real pain he feels deep within his heart. The pain of denial, the pain of love, the pain of seperation from family, the pain of separation from his love of life. Does it really happen? Does the pain inside your heart makes you create such great music? I also write poems, and I personally think that people write what they have gone through. Talking about that yep there are singer/ songwriter who has written about the state of their pain, happiness and so on.
Examples are like : (based on what I heard, no factfinding is carried out)

1. Eric Clapton wrote 'Tears in Heaven' when his son died.
2. Pink wrote many songs related to the phases of her life. 'So what', 'Please don't Leave', 'Like a Pill'.
3. Axl Rose wrote 'Sweet Child Oh Mine' for his sweetheart of that time.
4. Christina Aguilera sang 'You are Beautiful' which reflects her Life as well.
5. Mariah Carey wrote 'Hero'.
6. Gary Barlow wrote 'Patience', I guess he was being patient towards his comeback and drawback.
7. Jon Bon Jovi wrote 'Midnight In Chelsea' cause he loved the place.
8. Bruno Mars says 'Count on me' to his friends, 'Today I don't feel like doing anything' to his dad, 'The way you are' to his girl. I like his simple lyrics songs.
9. Talking about Nepali songs, 'Bides jaane mayalu' is one of the greatest song I heard. The singer/ songwriter wrote the song remembering his ex who married somebody else.
Chandani Shah is writer of most of the heart-touching song behind the greatest hits of SworSamrat Narayan Gopal 'Euta mancheko' also Singer Tara Devi 'Ukali orali haruma'. Tragically as her lyrics in the song which goes on like "jaha jaha janchau timi, chaya bani pachyayi rahanchu" (wherever you go I will follow you) she died with her husband together.
10. Puff daddy remixed the song 'I'll be missing you' to give tribute to his friend Notorious Big.
11. Eminem always dares to write and sing the songs which relates to some reality situation.
12. Amy Winehouse's 'Rehab' and many songs are superb.
13. The famous composer Mozzart. He created magical music following the different phases of his life as well. Finally it killed him.

Well if I go on like this it'll be a long long long long list. So, I'm going to STOP it here.

I believe music can also be created to show happiness as well and not only pain.

Well done actor, the whole movie crew and the newcomer girl. Music of this movie is encouraging and rocking. Rock is the form of music I like most anyways.

Thanks for bothering to read it till end. Keep visiting. :))




4 comments:

  1. i'll have to watch this movie myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's worth watching if you love music. :) cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second that..rockstar is a worth watch!!!
    Shaku, you should be a professional movie reviewer, loved the thing you've written above :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah thanks for your comment Aarti baini. I just loved the movie a lot and thought of wriing about it. :) u r sweet.

    ReplyDelete

आशा

Dear Readers, It has been really a long time since I wrote something on this blog but still thank you for staying. A lot of things happened ...