Saturday 19 November 2011

Original Vs Copied : Bollywood movie songs

(Please check the other page for the videos of this content.)


Hi everybody,


This has been the longest post I tried to write. Wasted most of my sleeps and days outings. Nothing much but hope you enjoy it.


Since I can't find any interesting topic to write today I'm writing something about song which have been liked and remade by different people still they sounds terrific. I always wonder how people make such a beautiful songs, so heart touching and so emotional. I sometimes shuffle through my ipod and hear songs which are remake of the original ones. 


Here are some of the sings which has some connections.


First lets start with my own country Nepal. 
1. " Musu Musu Haasi Deu "
The song 'Musu Musu Haasi Deu' sang by Himalayan Band in the 70's was remade (actually stolen) by and Indian Music director and put in the movie 'Pyar Mein Kabhi Kabhi'.
I suppose there is no word in Hindi as 'Musu musu' it's an expression of how you smile in Nepali. 


2. Demis Roussos :
. Say you love me - Mehebooba 'Sholay'
.You are my only fascination - Tume se thoda saa mein door 'Pyaar ka saaya'
.Lovely Lady of Arcadia - Tumhe chede hawa chanchal 'Salaami'
                                        - Yun hi kat jayega safar 'Hum hain rahi pyaar ke'


3. Neil Sekada :
Oh Carol - Aye Dil, laya hai bahar 'Kya Kehna'
                - Oh Carol by Stereo Nation
 4. Wham : 
Last Christmas - Dil  mera churaya kyon 'Akele Hum Akele Tum'


5. The Beatles :
.And I love her - Paagalpan cha gaya 'Jaanam'
.Ob-la-do - Meri Mehebooba 'Perdes' infact only the 'OB-LA-DO' matches


6. Frank Sinatra :
. Can't take my eyes off - Haan Haan Yeh Pyar hai 'Dillagi'


7. Modern Talking :
Brother Louie  - Mera dil gayega Zubi Zubi 'Dance Dance'


8. Los Del Rio :
Macarena - Dil le le lena 'Auzaar'


9. 500 miles away (from home) - Jab Koi baat bigad jaye 'Jurm'


10. Abba :
Mamma mia - Mil Gaya humko saathi 'Hum kissi se kum nahin'


11. Culture Club (singer Boy George)
Karma Chameleon - Coming Coming Aye Hun main 'Rang'


12. One Way ticket ( to the blue) - Hari Om Hari 'Pyaara Dushman'


13. Kevin Little
Turn me on - Chakhle Chakhle 'Awaara huwe pagal'


14. Stevie Wonder
I just ccalled to say I love you - Meri rang mein 'Meine Pyar Kiya'


15. Mungo Jerry
In the summertime (when the weather is fine) - Hasina Gori Gori 'Tarazu'


16. Stereo Nation 
Don't break my heart - Oh baby don't break my heart (I will I will :P) 'Mohabbat'


17. Don't know original singer's name
Feeling hot hot (Ole ole) - I forgot the song sang in 90's by a lady. But I again heard it in the movie 'Bend It Like Beckham'


18. Elvis Presley 'King of Rock and Roll'
Let's Rock - Mujhe nahin pata mein kya gaoongi 'WE ARE FAMILY'


19. Louis Armstrong
A kiss to build a dream - Kaisi Paheli hai yeah jindagani 'Parineeta'


20. Cliff Richard 
Theme to dream - Pal Pal har pal 'Munna Bhai 2'


21. Kenny G
Joy of Life - Meri jaane jaana 'Insaaf' (I love this song a lot) 

22. Roy Orbisson 
Pretty Woman (walking down the street) - Pretty woman 'Kal ho naa ho'


23. From the bollywood movie RACE :
Deep within Bamboo groove - Zara Zara kiss me 


This is my personal favourite and how I wished it could have been the original ones. :( I love Korean version more than the hindi one though cause original is better. I am great fan of Atif Aslam as well but as I said already it would have been better if the song was not copied.


Sarangheo 'Sassy Girl - Chung Hyan' - Pehli Nazar Mein 


There are many many songs copied, derived, borrowed or ilegally stolen from many sources. Only the original people who created those music knows the real story behind those songs. Copyright does matter.


Thanks for reading.


Reference :
Google
Youtube
Wikipedia
www.anglefire.com
www.itwofs.com





15 comments:

  1. Number 4 in this list is wrong...
    correct one is
    Deep Purple-Child in Time-Dil mera churaya kyon 'Akele Hum Akele Tum'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anonymous, i listened to Deep Purple and this is number 4 "akele hum akele tum" song is nowhere near that song you suggested. But thanks for your suggestion and thanks for reading this blog.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for writing this. It helped me find an old song :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. Also
    Ya Ghali by Guitara - Ya Ali from the movie Gangster
    Aadat by Jal the Band - Aadat from the movie Kalyug

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't say you love me release after sholay did?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The original is Ta Rialiaa, a Greek-Cypriot folk song. Demis Roussos made his video version with English lyrics in 1974 and released it in an album in 1977.Burman obviously copied from one of these songs.

      Delete
  5. Thanks! Enjoying Brother Louie now! Significantly less irritating than zubi zubi :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...and another, Video killed the radio star (The Niggles) - Koi yahan aha nache nache - Disco Dancer. Anthony Dmello.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can anyone tell which Indian song inspired by Frank Sinatra's song strangers in the night

    ReplyDelete
  8. Number 17: Wow I can contribute my 2 paisa to this list. I bought a cassette titled Channel V hits. It had that song and it was sung by Neelam. This song is from early 90s. Sharing the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwfo4dn03JM

    ReplyDelete
  9. @14 # aate jate haste gaate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's the one. sometimes I do get confused with the title of the song.

      Delete

आशा

Dear Readers, It has been really a long time since I wrote something on this blog but still thank you for staying. A lot of things happened ...