Monday 12 December 2011

How to make a friendship band

I am one of those people who always liked to give presents and gifts made by my own hands, my own creativity. I don't know how they feel but infront of me they say its really nice. Hope they meant it for sure.

This habit of mine made me do many things like :
 • Making a photo album for Xmas for a friend.
 • Knitting scarfs and gloves.
• Sewing simple things
• Making my own greeting card.
 • Making album of dried flowers and plants.
 • Making little flower basket from the grass.
• Last but not the least is making friendship bands.

 I only make friendship band for the ones I like most. For me it is a piece of cake haha I can make it easily and quickly. It has stayed as my hobby to make friendship bands since adolescent days. I don't exactly remember when I started making it and who taught me but all I know is I liked making it since I saw it. Here is a little guidenace of how you make it.

 INGREDIANTS OR LETS SAY THINGS NEEDED:

 1. You need patience and will to do it. If you don't have patience to stay at one place and will to concentrate and finish then I guess you should stop right here.
 2. You need different colourful threads. Any colour and quality is fine. Take natural colours like red, blue, green, black, white, etc.
 3. You need a pole or something forthe work to hang on to it.
 4. Now depending on the breath or length of the wrist:
 • Take 6 colours
• Cut them to the length of 1and half meter each.
 • Then put them together and fold them in exact half. Make a knot to remember the exact half.
 • Make a little braid about 1/2 cm.
 5. Now comes the actual receipe, ingrediant, technique or let's say secret of making a good friendship band. You have to start tieing "the knots". Yes! Friendship band is all about tieing knots. You need to have the passion of colours to arrange them so well so that the band would look nice.

 HERE ARE THE STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS :

 a) There are only 2 ways of tieing the knots. Each knot will take the thread to either right or left wherever you want to take it. Let's say if you want the thread (red) to go right then you need hold it (red) with your right hand. Hold other colour thread (may be blue) with left hand. Don't move tge blue thread, move the red thread and try to make a knot by running it from underneath the blue thread and taking it out from top. Repeat the knot again. It looks like one knot from front but 2 knots at the back.

 b) Once you've done that the red thread will be on the right side and blue will be on the left side. Continue the same process till you finish the remaining threads. The shape will be like a diagonal line and finally red thread will be in the end. Same goes from left to right. If the red thread is to be brought towards your left, you need to hold the red thread with right hand and try to make a knot by running it from the of the blue thread and go underneath  it and take it put on the left side. If you continue same process with remaining threads the red thread will be in the end. It is a diagonal but towards left. Finally both reds will meet inte middle. You have to tie the same knot in between. Carry on the same process till the band is long enough to fit the wirst.

 c) Now you have to separate those threads in two groups . Start making braid on each group about 1 inch long and finally tie a big knot to keep them together. I know these instructions aren't quite clear that's why I have video to show as well. Making a friendship band is not a difficult task. As it's name, we build each knot with friend and make it stronger and stronger . In the end result looks absolutely amazing. I feel like gifting a friend with friendship band even though friendship day is over and they are no longer in fashion.  Hope you learn something though instructions are a bit brief.

 Thank you for reading. Happy Friendship Day though it's long gone. For friends everyday should be Friendship Day. Enjoy life people.

clolours of life




back side

finishing touch

finally done

few more of them
I will put a video of making this band once it is ready although there are many good videos in youtube.

2 comments:

  1. वाऊ लुङवा क्या दामि बुन्नु भएको नि मलाई पनि एउटा पढाई दिनुस है त, मन पर्यो भन्दा अलि अजिव सब्द हुन्छ होला हाहा त्यसै ले राम्रो छ भन्नु पर्ला लुङवा ,

    ReplyDelete

  2. I truly love how it is easy on my eyes and the data are well written.
    I am wondering how I could be notified whenever a new post has been made.
    I have subscribed to your RSS feed which must do the trick, Have a nice day.friendship bands

    ReplyDelete

आशा

Dear Readers, It has been really a long time since I wrote something on this blog but still thank you for staying. A lot of things happened ...