Thursday 5 January 2012

Hengistbury Head, Chirstchurch, Dorset


Christchurch, Dorset

I hope everyone is working their way towards new year 2012. I'm still on the hangover of cold and flu and the mini break I had during chirstmas and new year gap from work. I went to visit my friend, another friend's family and a beautiful place called Christchurch in Dorset. I haven't actually been to seashore on winter. This was the first time I went to seashore on winter season.

It was fun roaming around Hengistbury Head. The wind was strong, was about to rain, chilly weather but still I felt so nice walking there. A lot of people were there even in that kind of weather, most of them walking their dogs, few of them flying kites. Back in Nepal I used to loved seeing kites, I even used to imitate the technique and once I was caught doing that by my teacher and was badly teased.

The groyne : Pic from Google
Me and my sister dared to go upto the end point of this groyne or whatever. Pretty scary there specially in that kind of weather. At one point my cheeks were slapped by the raging water and I had salty taste in my mouth. I quickly spit it out, then I thought oh my god what if sea gets angry and swipe me away. I'm at times very superstitious. The waves were very intense as you go furthur up there. That shiny walking passage was slippery.

It was getting dark and seemed like it was going to rain. All I had in my mind was what if Tsunami waves come, me and my sister would be swallowed by sea like nothing. Still there were people walking around with their pets and jogging. After coming off from the shore I saw one boy trying to fly the kite and his dad was helping him. Nice thing to see.

I don't know when I might drop by that place again. I had really peaceful and joyful time over there.

Sharing my experience through these words, being there was the real thrill.

Thanks for reading!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

आशा

Dear Readers, It has been really a long time since I wrote something on this blog but still thank you for staying. A lot of things happened ...