Friday 20 April 2012

A day in Cambridge



















Sometimes in life things just happen so quickly. It was an unplanned yet well discussed trip to Cambridge. I was accompanying few people. I also wanted to visit Cambridge but never really bothered to go there. 



It was nowhere near to anything that I expected, read, heard or thought what it might be : Cambridge. When we hear about world famous Oxford and Cambridge it seems like a distant dream for anybody to get there but when I actually was there I didn't feel anything at first. Weather wasn't that good. 


We parked our car bit further away where we didn't had to pay for parking and started walking towards city centre. We I started to feel the atmosphere of Cambridge filling up my lungs and brains. Suddenly the river started looking nicer. The parks, the trees, the ancient buildings, the colleges everything felt awesome. There were many visitors from different places following the routes the guide provides. We were roaming around city centre, here and there, putting nose in whatever interests us. One guy came to ask whether we wanted to go on a trip on the river by small boat. We didn't take his offer of £18 but thought since we have whole day to spend there we'll enjoy the area by foot. It was feeling of some kind of proudness or let's say happiness that I was in the most desired destination for most of the students around the world. My sister saw signs to museum. Since we had plenty of time and the entry was free we walked into a Zoology Museum. To be honest, it was fascinating experience. I was too lazy to visit London Zoo or Museum. We saw many many things there. Human beings can observe, create, preserve things like that as well. I wondered what if same facility was available in Nepal? 


We wondered around colleges, churches, streets, toilets, food areas, shopping malls, parks and so on. Finally we decided to barge into another museum before everything would close. We went into an Art Museum : tall big pillars on the entrance, ceiling had an undeniably the fine example of art. Again it was free entrance and we started looking at those fine piece of arts on display. I cannot explain how amazing I felt. It was like in movies, my feet and my body were tired still managed to go through most of the works over there. Then we wanted to go to the Earth Science Museum but we were late. 


It was one whole day (9-5) visit in Cambridge and I felt fulfilled by the end of the day. We have walked so much that we crossed the same market from all the entries. My mind was screaming that I should visit there again. It was something different kind of experience. I felt like I was in high schooldays again and was on an educational tour. All those things I studied in school about science came rushing in my veins and I even gave a thought of studying science again. Nevertheless science is still tough. 


'A day in Cambridge' is added in the small memory disk of my brain ; unerasable, unforgettable. I would like to rest by the river which flows by the side of those colleges and may be write some poem someday hahahaha. 
Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

आशा

Dear Readers, It has been really a long time since I wrote something on this blog but still thank you for staying. A lot of things happened ...