Monday 27 August 2012

Kosheli Nepali Cultural Fusion UK 2012

Kosheli is a musical group promoted by Nepali artists in the UK since 1986. On 26.08.2012, they were celebrating the 26th Anniversary. I am glad I had the chance to take part in this programme.

It started when a sister asked me,'Do you want to come and dance with us?'. To be honest I had no idea that this was Kosheli's program. I have heard of Kosheli but never thought I would be performing. I thought I might give it a try. Since I was free on most Saturdays 'why not'. I went to the place where practice was carried out. Well, to my extreme surprise, I already knew the dance teacher. Everybody knew each other except me. We all contributed our Saturdays afternoons to this program. There were small kids performing as well. Very very cute children including twins in a song 'Dhikki chyau Dhikki chyau'. They might have danced in this song no one actually knows or ever seen the song in television. This song was famous in Nepal when I was kid myself haha. Infact this was the first movie 'Kanyadaan'  I watched in cinema in Nepal and Gauri Malla became my best Nepali actress. 

The day finally came when we have to go on a stage and perform. We went early for rehearsals and last minute corrections. This was the stage I have seen many artists and dancers performing, but this time I am performing. I felt glimpse of satisfaction and hopes.  I remembered those days of school, college and other programs where I performed on a stage. I just love dancing. The performance was just 'OK' for me according to how I feel like I have performed. Everybody said we did well and people I know praised me as well. I am really grateful to everybody for the support I got from you. I am truly blissful. But I knew where I did mistakes and what routine I messed up. I wasn't normally like that. Gosh !!!!

I got certificate singed,sealed and distributed by Dr Chalise, Ambassador of Nepal himself. I know lots of Nepali celebrities were also present but I could not go and see them I was just busy helping out in the changing room. Mr DJ played some modern and remix Nepali songs and everybody danced freely on stage and on the floor. 

I thank my dance teacher, Kosheli group, all the dancers for being so nice to me. I also would like to thank my dear friend Sweetie, Luna,  Manisha, my sister, and Pooja sis for being there to see my performance. 

I will upload the videos later on  when www.nepalisamajuk.com or if I get a nice quality photos from some other source. 
Thank once again for reading my blog. Life has lot to offer grab it.

limshaku
Few dancers with dancer teacher. 


I did my hair.
Preparations

2 comments:

  1. :)) katro thulo photo ma maathi tira. i've been incredibly passive at blogging. punishable!! but u've been doing good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I removed The photo. Ali sano photo rakhchu vaneko milena. I saw ur blog and few short write ups. Dont worry i think we shouldnt feel like he must write instead we should feel like oh i want to write. Then we can love blogging hoina. :) keep blogging doc

      Delete

आशा

Dear Readers, It has been really a long time since I wrote something on this blog but still thank you for staying. A lot of things happened ...