Sunday 1 May 2011

A fun weekend

Ah where shall I start from. Last week's trip to seaside is still fresh in my mind. This week we got one extra day off due to the Royal Wedding. I have a plan to go and watch the wedding with my friend but unfortunately she got very sick and was bed resting. So, only me and my sister went. There was a huge crowd. All ethnic origin and all sorts of faces. No matter what the anti-monarchy protesters says, we still saw so many people turned up there which truly proves the Royals are still loved a lot.
We watched the big screen amongst 120,000 people. The band played 'Wills and Kate's' favourite songs. Among those songs were, Aerosmith's 'Don't wanna miss a thing' and Bryan Adam's 'Look into my eyes'. With all the public demand Aerosmith's song was repeated. Then we had the free concert afterwards. Obviously love was in the air, all guys and girls kissing each other. 


Well then came a instant plan. Me and my few brothers met up at the bar, they told me they want to do something together this weekend. Suddenly they wanted to go to seaside. Uhhmm another seaside so soon. I immediately said 'ok', I actually wanted to go as well. The next day we headed off to Weymouth and Portland Island. It was a 3 hours drive uphill and downhill and through the narrow  bendy roads in the country. We saw many farms, grassland and streams and rivers. It was fascinating sightseeing. To be honest all the countryside in UK looks the same to me but I still like it. Finally we arrived at Portland Island. It was so nice being on the top of the island and looking down towards the sea. The Island is actually a prison and had a memorial kept for the veteran of First World War. It was a bit windy but still it didn't stop me from breathing in the air flowing from Celtic Sea. After that we went to have some fun in the sandy beach of Weymouth. It was lively there with live band and the kites flying near seashore. Couldn't stay there for long cause it was getting windy. We played in the salt water of the sea, gosh it made my skin burn and hair go stingy. We built the sand castle, and ran in the water. All in all, the day was great. Driving at 100 mph, for an instant I felt like if I die in this very moment then I will die happily ( you may never know what happens when you're in the roads full of others drivers).
In the crowd
These horses r well trained.

Wedding fever
A view from the top


Note: Many more pics in my Flickr account. 'misslim' :)

2 comments:

  1. sea is fun. so is the gush of cold breeze. but truly speaking, i don't understand all this hype behind royal wedding. am not against it but they totally over did it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, royal wedding thing is everywer still after the ceremony is finished. its just like i always fancied Prince William since childhood,now he is married n m in UK. :)

    ReplyDelete

आशा

Dear Readers, It has been really a long time since I wrote something on this blog but still thank you for staying. A lot of things happened ...