Tuesday 10 May 2011

My first day at college (10+2)

I guess sometimes people do like to talk about 'My first.....'. My first kiss, first love, first car, first school, first gift, first book, first crush and so on. Here I am talking about 'My first day at college', which is in my 10+2(Higher Secondary) days. Its been many many years since I left my +2 days but the memory is still fresh. Am I that sharp to remember all those details?,,,haha I'm just blabbering. 
Well, the day was Monday morning and rainy season. The college has arranged a boutique to make every students uniform (another way of making money) which they didn't prepare on time and I had to go to college wearing different shirt. I had to be at the door by 6.30am; how frustrating! I was there a bit late,,,and they refused to let me in because I wasn't wearing the right colour shirt. I told them I couldn't wear it cause its still at the boutique. You know what they told me,'Go and only come back after you have it.' OMG I got so annoyed, why because 1. it was raining, 2. the boutique was closed, and 3.I didn't even wanted to attend that college. Anyways I thought I would still have time to roam around before I start the boring class full of strange faces. I managed to get the shirt and come back on time. I went to the class,,, I knocked and got permission to get in the class. You know what we had to take off our shoe before entering,,how funny. Almost all the chairs were full. There was only one chair available in the front row which people tend not to sit. I quickly rest my tired bump there,,,, to my biggest surprise and annoyance, the seat was all wet. Even the thing I was wearing inside my trousers got soaked. How annoying? Later on friends told me they did want to alert me but I was just so fierce at that moment (cause of all the drama earlier). I looked around all the unknown faces around,,, all sorts of people. There were only 3 girls at that very moment, 1 on my side and 2 behind me. 1 of the girl who was seating behind my bench is still my best friend. Our class teacher told me to introduce myself cause I came late. I had to stand up to introduce myself; which I really hated doing (just imagine how wet trousers look like).
Few periods went on with different subjects. Then came another period where we all had to introduce each other again. They asked me which school I went to. I told them where I studied,,,, one boy asked me,'Oh your school is such a famous and big school but why did you chose to come in this small college?. I replied ,'Cause I get bored staying at same place, I want something different.' He just stared at me and smiled. I don't know what he thought about my words. It was the truth, I've been to the school where we had a so called' Discipline incharge','Nickname Tin-Tin,,,good for annoying music teacher who goes on bothering pupils', and also some people who are just there to watch activities and report it to the Principal or authority. Yeah just tell me about it ha. I thought I'm a little bit grown up now so I can enjoy a bit of freedom ( you know you always feel grown up already). Eventually, the college I chose ended up the same. Just sort of figured out already in one morning. But the good thing about the college was food in canteen. I really liked the food though the management was a bit unmanaged. On our lunch break, I saw many students 1 year senior to us, uhmmmm some of them were really dashing. On the other hand, we could hardly differentiate between the 11th and 12th grade student. All looked same, and if I finally speak with someone thinking that she could be in 11th grade turns out to be one year senior to me. We heard in the background somewhere the 'so called seniors' saying different things. 
All in all, my first day went on like a rollercoster ride. One minute I was furious with anger and the other minute I sat one the wet chair; one minute I was staring at unknown faces and the other minute I was smiling and trying to get on with the people I was with; one minute I was anxious to stay around unfriendly environment the other minute I was excited to see many people of my age (in school you see almost similar faces for years). Last but not the least, one minute I was so angry and unsatisfied that I had to go to that college against my will but the other minute I thanked my mum and my sister for choosing the right college for me, no matter what happened I still liked it in the end.

Note: Reminisce of the past. Thanks for reading this very long blast from the past. Why not share your first day at college? :)

5 comments:

  1. nice piece of writing. made me remember my first day at UA too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading this long post Rita. UA days were fun days hai. I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to share the story of my first day at college, but may be some other time at my convenience. So you graduated from our rival college? I did mine from Campion Academy. Utd Academians particulary didn't enjoy the times during 'holy' festival. As our Boys hostel used to be at the entry point to your college, there is no prize for guessing as to what we did. Well, I wasn't amongst the bad boys. But those days were the best days of my life.

    I thought 'the thing that you were wearing inside your trousers' had a name. lol Your bad.

    ''Few periods went on with different subjects. Then came another period...'' cracked me up. Once one uncle attempted to crack a conversation with a foreign lady volunteer (teacher at local school).
    Uncle: Madam how many periods you have?
    Lady: goes SORRY!
    Uncle, innocently, repeats not knowing the implication of his simple question.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.s. Narhang Rai's son I grew up together. We were 'langaauti yaar' from HK days. We graduated our SLC from same school. His aim was to become an addict which he did but his aim took him away. If you didn't already know he died few years back six months after his mother passed away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, thanks for taking ur time and reading this long post. (being to formal oops). Well i wasnt the one who suffered lola barshat from ur hostel windows, my sister was in science stream that means they had to come in the afternoon classes. Ani who knows you were amongst bad or good boys. I saw ur pics of campion academy in ur FB.
    I heard bout Narahang sir's son, we heard he commited suicide or something, didnt know he was so close to you.may his soul RIP.
    Well talking about 'periods',ha je hajur ko mann ma lagcha tehi sochnu hehe.

    ReplyDelete

आशा

Dear Readers, It has been really a long time since I wrote something on this blog but still thank you for staying. A lot of things happened ...