Thursday 20 October 2011

I don't know what is politics.

I am a normal human being and a simple citizen of this society. I hear about politics everyday in news, radio, newspaper and everywhere. The only thing that comes in my mind is,'Well I don't know about politics and I also don't really care about it.' I bet it's the thought of most of the people. I'm not too sad to say that I have never voted in the general election although I am eligible to do that. If I had to vote I don't really know which party to support and which not because if I vote the person, I want him/her to be the best. That's quite rare nowadays.

I was born in Nepal and brought up in different countries. I spent all of my teenage days in Nepal and came to UK for furthur studies. That's it, I'm stuck here. I do want to come back but with dignity not as someone who failed and have nothing to offer for her family, for her home, for her town, for her village or for her country. I want to be that kind of person who can't really change society but who can atleast contibute something to society. Education, experience, knowledge, money or even few words of wisdom. I know I'm still too young to think like that, cause right now I'm still struggling to bring few changes in my own lifestyle. Hehe. 

I often hear many things from my dad. He is not a leader or a politician or a spiritual person; he's just an ordinary person like everyone else. But looking at him and how people around him treats him, I feel proud of him. It's obvious people would praise their parents though. He says, "Look when people don't have anything, they want money cause money can buy many things.
When people have loads of money they want power, money and power works side-by-side. But I humbly request not to misuse your power.
When people have power, they want more power and politics is the only thing that gives them that extreme power to make a diffrence.
Finally, when people have that power, they want Freedom!"
Hang on a minute, finally its freedom. That's right! No money or power or any politics can give you the Freedom, freedom of speech, freedom to live, freedom to smile, freedom to chose who you want to chose, freedom to be FREE.

Let's go back to the topic, to be honest I haven't even bothered to Google what politics is. But as far as I know its a group of people (huge group) who thinks same way and unites to rule the country accordingly. God has given us land and beautiful Earth to live in and human have divided and created many different things on it. God should have think twice before putting 'Brain' in human being. Nepal is a small country but still people are not agreeing with each other and our country has been like that ball in a football game. Who suffers??? The ordinary citizens of the country.  In my point of view we need a true leader, a true person who has that ability to change the way people think about politics, the way we think of our country Nepal. That inspiritual person who can create a sensation. And finally I can vote with pride. Politics and politicians can and have made difference in this world. Such a beautiful countinent like Africa where gold and diamonds are found in their soil, world's longest River Nile flows rapidly, has suffered starvation and drought in many areas. Our country Nepal is beautiful with highest mountains, largest water resources, mountains-valleys-plainlands, natural beauty, country of Brave Gurkhas has also suffered many things. I'm residing in this sophisticated city of London and people ask me about my country, my origin. I have many things to explain but all they know is ,'Oh I have never heard of it before'  or 'Oh it's a part of India!' For God's sake, if you don't know then atleast don't guess incorrectly and randomly. The other thing I've realised it no matter where I go, I can never change what I am, I can't change my skin and most of all I can't change me being a Nepali. 

I really don't know anything about politics but hope and pray that the political situation in Nepal to improve. Wish that there would be birth of that right person that the nation is waiting who can reform our lost soul of the country. I really don't know about politics but all I know is that we should all work together to make better country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

आशा

Dear Readers, It has been really a long time since I wrote something on this blog but still thank you for staying. A lot of things happened ...