Monday 24 October 2011

Legally 18 (birthday of one of brother from another mother)

Hello all,
Yesterday evening I went to celebrate of one the brother I met recently. It was a surprise birthday party organised by his parents. I only know him for hardly a year now but they've really welcomed me in their surrounding. They're not really from Nepal but they are Nepalese; what I'm trying to say is they are Nepalese from Eastern part of India.
Since I only knew them and one of the other brother, I just felt like sitting in the corner. There was a concert going on. They told Birthday boy that that was a charity gig. But he and we all knew that something is fishy. Anyways they played nice songs. Few minutes later two girls and a lady joined me saying nobody should be left feeling isolated. So nice of them. I enjoyed their company a lot. Aunty was cool and as well as two girls both 21. One was half Nepalese half British. She looks like her Nepali mom but still because of her hair and complexion nobody could guess she could be Nepali as well. Other girl was of my cast Limbu but she's also half Chhetri. Cool!!! She's also very sweet. Both of them were down to earth and I just felt so nice to know them. I met few more people as well of different ethinicity and different background.

This was not just an ordinary birthday party, it was his 18th birthday party. Here after the age of 18 you are legally allowed to do many things. And this girl with me commented,'Now you'll be thrown out of the house legally as well!" that was a funny joke but a practical joke hahaha. His dad gave him a pint of BEER himself. What a scene aai, in Nepal I don't think we can see many cases like that. After the cake cutting ceremony we all danced, oh my god few dancers were amazing. Like the ones we see in TV. I also showed them few moves hehe but I was nothing infront of them. 

This was not the first time I went to any party alone but still managed to have a great time. Thanks to lovely girls, aunt, birthday boy, his parents and the cool DJ who played nice numbers. May he be blessed with many good and fruitful years ahead in his life. 
God bless you Pepe (his nickname)
........................

Answers to yesterdays riddle. How much of it were you able to guess correctly?

1.  j (Smoker)
2. m (Angel)
3. b (Graduate)
4. f (Baby)
5. c (Chef)
6. e (Homer Simpson)
7. g (Moustached)
8. k (Elvis Presley)
9. a (Cindy Crawford)
10. d (Clown)
11. i (Bucktoothed)
12. h (Walrus)
13. l (Dunce)

No comments:

Post a Comment

आशा

Dear Readers, It has been really a long time since I wrote something on this blog but still thank you for staying. A lot of things happened ...